6.2

$220

1. replaced battery (6 reports)
  2. had to buy a new stronger battery & jumper (1 reports)
2017 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Accord:

2017 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 302021

Accord Sport 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

This was the second battery I have had replaced on this vehicle after owning it for only 4 1/2 years so there is obviously a problem with either the batteries used or something in my electrical system killing the battery life. I had to have AAA cone out and jump my car to get it to the dealership. The service advisor initially told me the battery was out from under the warranty and said I would have to pay for a new battery.

At this point I angrily told them to go ahead and replace the battery. They had my service history and knew I had already replaced the original battery within two years of owning the car. The service advisor ended up replacing the battery for free but I know this battery will probably also die within 2-3 years.

- Scott M., Charlotte, US

Aug 272018

Accord Sport 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

I was very surprised that the original battery died after essentially a year and a half. Typically the original battery lasts between 6 and 7 years.

- Scott M., Charlotte, US

Mar 152020

Accord LX 4

Battery died prematurely. After several jumps, battery would not hold a charge. Had to replace battery.

- Gino L., Great Falls, US

Nov 122020

Accord Sport Special Edition

I bring my car to the Honda dealership for oil change and filter every so often and they have never said anything about the battery. All I heard was they did check point inspection and everything was ok. A few days afterwards, my battery died, and I end up buying a new battery.

- Zobeida C., Hartford, US

Feb 082021

Accord LX 2.4L

My car has 15k miles on it, the car couldn't start in the morning on 02/08/21. I had to call my insurance and jump start the car. I end up replacing my battery with Interstate Battery in Firestone which costed $170.

- SrinivasReddy B., Irvine, CA, US

May 172019

Accord Sport 4.0L

I had to constantly have jumps from strangers and calling and paying tow companies for jumps. Mind you this was in the dead of summer, after going to Honda Servicer Center in Waldorf, MD several times to complaining about this. I eventually had to buy a new battery. Not fair at all.

- lisabrown522, California, US

Mar 252020

Accord EX 2.4L

It has been only 30 months the battery died. Warranty only covers 50% of the new battery but not the labor. If I go to a dealer, the new batter warranty does not apply, i.e. only the left months of the old battery will apply. And I will have to call a tow. Not worth it. Went to Walmart picked up one and DIY. The OEM battery is only 440 CCA, and any replacement battery from COSTO or WALMART has > 500 CCA. Later found out many complaints about the same battery on youtube. Honda is just cheap.

One more trick, most auto parts websites I checked suggest a battery size Group 51R, but the OEM battery is size group 35. Group 51R is narrower than group 35. Better check the size before you buy.

- Yufeng T., Markham, ON, Canada

Dec 032017

Accord EX 4L

battery dead in 1 year

Honda should have vigarous quality control of all installed products to retain their reputation. Saw the trend that it is going down.

- Venkat K., Swedesboro, NJ, US