8.0

2018 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 072019

Accord EX-L 1.5L

• CVT transmission

I was about to enter I-5 at rush hour when the engine began to stutter, lose all power then practically shut off. The check engine light did come on during the few seconds of mayhem. It was rush hour and it was by the grace of God I was not rear ended.

There was no shoulder, and I was forced to block half of the freeway entrance, and though my hazard lights were on, the sun was overpowering the visibility, due to its brightness. I started the car back up with the hopes this was a one time hiccup, and upon doing so, the check engine light was not lit up. I drove straight to the nearest Honda repair shop, which coincidentally was not far from where I was.

They ran some (diagnostic) tests, and the technician returned with the following results: The first run at 4000RPM's, the engine studdered then began to lose power gradually, mirroring my experience. The three following tests reproduced the same results, and I was told the error codes they generated were tracing back backfiring issues, or potential fuel injection problems, all which were (are) covered under the warranty. I asked to take my car to the dealer where I purchased my car, as the issues appeared to be under warranty.

I did just that, and I was told by a rep from the dealership they would not be able to reproduce the issue, as the check engine light was not on at the time I stopped by, and after a brief and aggravated discussion, I informed them that after four trials/tests, the same issue/results were reproduced four times, and believed the check engine light was irrelevant at the time, as the computer produced the same issue four times, and thus the computer should have record of the codes needed to isolate the issue.

I left my new vehicle at the dealership hoping they will take accountability and fix the issue, just like when they exhausted all efforts to sell me the vehicle at the time of purchase.

I will update this immediately upon hearing from Hinshaw's Honda with an update.

- Eduardo R., Auburn, WA, US

Jul 252018

Accord Touring 2.0t

While driving the car at 55 MPH the engine just shut down. The tachometer still showed 1,000 rpm but I coasted to a stop. I then pressed the start engine button twice and the engine restarted. It drove well until 8/22/18 when many engine system lights came on. I reported this in another report.

- 2018 accord 2.0t, Acworth, US