CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Honda CR-V has a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating.

Honda has tried to fix this delayed acceleration with a software update, but many owners report it didn't fix the problem.

This defect trend is not quite bad enough yet for us to slap on the "Beware of the Clunker" seal. But it's a concern & definitely something to keep in mind for a test drive.

7.3

1. jump start (1 reports)
  3. replace relay (1 reports)
2014 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Oct 092018

CR-V EX

• CVT transmission

I moved the car on 8 October 2018 to a different place in my driveway. No problems or indication that there was a problem. Attempted to start DRV at 10:00 am EST on 9 October 2018. Engine turned over but would not start. Dealer indicates that it is a RELAY. I will find out what relay was the cause. Very much of a problem. I live about 15 miles from anywhere. Could be a serious problem if the problem happens in the winter.

- Edward M., Mantua, OH, US

Jul 162017

CR-V LX 4 cyl

Inconvenient to say the least! Worried about this happening in case of an emergency and car won't start! Looking to trade in after reading other owners having same problem with the same outcome from dealer....can't find anything wrong!

- Theresa F., Waianae, US

Jan 052016

CR-V

For two years my 2014 Honda CRV randomly won't start and I have to wait and have someone come out and jump start it.....then it works again. I noticed that it would not start if I left the key in on the "off" position while pumping gas so I quit leaving the key in (even though it was in the off position). Then the battery would die for no apparent reason at random times. I made sure the back hatch trunk was always shut and all the doors were shut but that didn't seem to matter. I've been stranded in the evening and had to wait an hour for AAA to come out and jump start me.

I'm an elderly woman and this is dangerous for me. I have my car serviced at Honda dealerships and most recently I had it serviced and told them about it. The battery checked out perfectly fine and they said they didn't know what might be causing it (other than leaving the truck partially open, which I've been careful not to do).

It's frustrating because I never know when it will happen. It happens even after I've been driving it and park somewhere and it also happens when I haven't been driving it for a day or so. What could it be?

- Pam H., Denver, CO, US