2016 Honda CR-V engine problems: vibration at idle

Vibration At Idle

2016 Honda CR-V (Page 2 of 2)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

7.1

2. turn on headlights (1 reports)
  3. turn on headlights, or hvac (1 reports)
2016 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda CR-V:

2016 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 042016

CR-V EXL

• CVT transmission

Same vibration that is reported in the other complaints. This is not normal. At times it is almost a violent vibration. All Honda says is Sorry.

- Matt K., Milwaukee, WI, US

Jul 082016

CR-V LX AWD

• CVT transmission

Count me in as another sucker that believed Honda made quality vehicles. Purchased a new CRV hoping not to have any used car issues and ended up with a vehicle that turns into a vibrating Samsung washing machine when I stop at red lights. Take it to the dealership and they say the vibration issue was fixed on the 2016s and there's nothing more they can do. Call national Honda and they also called it a "feature of the vehicle" and have no solutions. Eventually people will catch on to this sort of treatment and stop purchasing their products. I went from a huge supporter to convincing anyone who will listen not to purchase from them.

- nybwj, Philadelphia, PA, US

Dec 242015

CR-V EX 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

Very bad vibration from engine. Never was able to fix it

- Vi N., Los Angeles, CA, US

Aug 072016

CR-V SE

• CVT transmission

I bought this 2016 Honda CR-V March of 2016, and I added the bumper guard in front and back next day after I bought it. Then 10,000 miles the car starts to have a harsh vibrations at idle when in drive while waiting at red light. The whole thing shakes so bad, feels like I'm on a jack hammer. I open the driver door, the whole door shakes violently, so took it to Honda dealer. They said there nothing wrong with the car, the bumper guards caused the vibrations. I told them no it not. So went to second Honda dealership and got same result; sir we can't find anything wrong with the car. We think it your bumper guard cause this issue. I wasn't having that.

I took it to third Honda dealership, and finally someone agreed with me and said the bumper guard isn't the issue. The hard shaking violently is coming from engine bay, but at this point there no fix for the 2016 because they supposedly already fix it after the 2015 Honda CR-V vibration issue. So apparently it didn't work cuz mine having same crazy jack hammer vibration as the 2015 models. So now I called Honda and they told me they going look into it.

I never will get a Honda again, huge disappointment. I will update once I hear what Honda says about the issue.

- Brandon F., Chicago, IL, US

Nov 012016

CR-V SE

I can said now that I’m a proud ex-owner of a 2016 CRV (very expensive washer machine, massage chair…you name it), it was known to happen with the 2015s( service bulletin 15-046) but Honda claims it was fixed (which is a lie), so I got a new CRV 2016, my mistake. I only had it for 3 months and about 1500 miles but I had enough with the vibration issue. Lucky me. I felt all the 3 modes described in the 2015 bulletin. The vibration started @ about 500 miles and getting worse every day.

Took the car back to the dealer (2 of them). First one told me it was normal, they all vibrate and this is a “characteristic of the car”. The second one agreed with me that it was vibrating, but after 10 mins. came back with the same b*l S*t as the first one. What a waste of my time.

I called Honda and created a case. They assigned me a case manager that called me and kept repeating that’s a “characteristic of the car”(if so, how come is not listed in the brochure?) His only goal was to get me to agree with his stupidity, which I didn’t.

I will never purchase a Honda again, quality went down the toilet, is not a reliable car anymore and of course their service department sucks.

- pjtr73, Bethel, CT, US

Oct 122016

CR-V EXL

Got the vehicle in May 2016, took it in for a first servicing (oil change realign tires etc September 20 2016). A few days later I notice the vehicle is vibrating, everything rattles especially when it idle at stop signs and driving more than 60 K. I took it to a Honda shop foreman acknowledged that it was vibrating and that it is a known issue he said that the 2015 vibrated worse, like that was supposed to make me feel better. Their solution was that I should drive the it for several months and see if the issue still persists. On researching I realize this is a known issue. So frustrated now I bought a new vehicle to avoid these issues now I know I bought a lemon!

- babsy, Toronto, ON, Canada

Sep 262016

CR-V Touring 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

I just got my CRV in August 2016 and am pretty satisfied with the car. I noticed that there is a vibration, but didn't think anything of it until I was at a stop light and next to a semi truck. I thought it was the truck vibrating, we were on a bridge, so the roadway moves a little bit as well. When I stopped again and was on a regular roadway I realized it was my car, not the semi. I plan on taking my vehicle back to the dealership and letting them know this is a KNOWN problem and they need to fix it. I did not spend all this money to have a car that irritates me every time I stop at a light. I will report back on this problem and let everyone know what happens.

- Nancy W., Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, US

Jul 042016

CR-V SE 2.4L

• CVT transmission

my 2016 CRV SE has an unacceptable vibration @ idle when the shifter in "Drive" ......it seems to be getting worse i was told by the person in charge of the warranty @ the Honda dealer that there is a bulletin for vibration on the 15 models they said a "damper"(??) had to be replaced to fix the problem my CRV has 8159 miles now

Update from Nov 1, 2016: the other day i noticed that when you press on the brake pedal the rpms go under 1000 they go to the 400-500 range & that's when its starts vibrating............every time i'm on a red light pressing on the brake after a few seconds its starts vibrating if i let the brake pedal loose it stops i gets back to normal im going to keep trying to go to the dealer see if they fix the problem........hopefully

- Eberardo F., Omaha, NE, US

Aug 112016

CR-V EX 2.4L

I am glad to hear that I am not only one having this problem , this is common problem for Honda CR-V which I did not know before I brought this vehicle a month ago , I contacted with the dealer but they told me this is the normal characteristic for CRV vehicle , I never experienced this with any of my previous vehicles . I will escalate this complaint to Honda Head Office and Ministry Of Transportation for proper investigation .

- schowdhury, Toronto, ON, Canada

Aug 252016

CR-V EX AWD 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

This looks like an existing problem with Honda CR-V since it's 2015 model. I just purchased a brand new 2016 EX AWD last week. I'm experiencing the same. What I notice is, the vibration is gone once you rev the engine over 900-1000 RPM mark. It's not something very significant but definitely annoying at times.

I checked about this with the dealer and they mentioned Honda fixed this issue in 2016 models and the car I test drove haven't had that significantly noticeable vibration. Not sure, if there is any fix to it at all without compromising the fuel economy.

- Indradip A., Minneapolis, MN, US

May 042016

CR-V EX

• CVT transmission

We recently bought CR-V 2016 EX and after few days of driving, we noticed that the car is vibrating at idle and at low speed. We didn't realize that there were any issues with it before we purchase the car. I googled the problem and found that 2015 CR-V has the huge problems. I feel like I am driving old trucks with diesel engine although the car is a brand-new SUV with gasoline engine. Please be aware that you may not notice the vibration issue when you have a test drive in dealerships.

- Wooseok L., Austin, TX, US

Dec 292015

CR-V EX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

We just got this car a week ago. Did not feel anything when test driving it but feel the vibration the day after purchase with only about 100 miles. The vibration only happens when the car is in gear at idle and sometimes is not noticeable and sometimes is quite significant. After googling "cr-v vibration" we found a lot of complaints for the 2015 model but not for 2016. The vibration is similar to a lot of comments people mentioned about 2015: only happens at 600-700 rpm after the car is fully warm up. Went back to the dealer twice already and finally got the manager tried it with me and documented the problem. However, we were told this is the characteristic of CR-V and there is no fix at the moment. They can only file this complaint to Honda and wait for the update. I am surprised that I did not find complaint about it for 2016 on the internet yet. My guess is it probably a lot less severe than the 2015 but you can definitely feel it. The good part is I can turn the heater to maximum to bump up to 700-800 rpm then the vibration goes away but the VIBRATION DEFINITELY IS STILL THERE! Make sure that you test drive it on highway and local for at least 20min before you decide to buy it.

- elsiew, Avon, OH, US