- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 13 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 17 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 32 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 38 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 45 days ago
Battery Keeps Going Dead
2017 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 13,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 31 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (18 reports)
- replace battery (7 reports)
- fixed for now - technician could not find the issue (2 reports)
- tsb 17-032 software update (2 reports)
- replaced (1 reports)
- traded car (1 reports)