- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 6 days ago
- April 13: Texas Woman Awarded $37 Million After Honda Odyssey Crash news | 7 days ago
- April 4: Honda Civic Driver Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag Inflator news | 16 days ago
- March 22: Honda Odyssey and Pilot Infotainment System Lawsuit Filed news | 29 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 29 days ago
Battery Keeps Going Dead
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 5,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- replace battery (2 reports)
- tsb 17-032 software update (2 reports)
- fixed for now - technician could not find the issue (1 reports)
- traded car (1 reports)