- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- November 12: Honda Recalls Passports and Pilots For Missing Welds recalls | 27 days ago
- November 4: Honda CR-V Infotainment Lawsuit Says Display Screens Malfunction news | 35 days ago
- November 3: Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 61 days ago
Battery Keeps Going Dead
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 6,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- fixed for now - technician could not find the issue (2 reports)
- replace battery (2 reports)
- tsb 17-032 software update (2 reports)
- traded car (1 reports)