- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- November 12: Honda Recalls Passports and Pilots For Missing Welds recalls | 29 days ago
- November 4: Honda CR-V Infotainment Lawsuit Says Display Screens Malfunction news | 37 days ago
- November 3: Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 63 days ago
2017 Honda CR-V
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2017 Honda CR-V Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Battery Keeps Going Dead18
- Won't Start4
- Multiple Warning Lights On3
- Wiring Chewed By Rodents3
- Collision Mitigation Warning Comes On2
- Adaptive Cruise Control Warning Comes On1
- Defective Brake Mitigation System1
- Emergency Braking With Acc1
- Instrument Panel Went Blank1
- Lane Departure System Sudden Braking1
- Remote Start Not Working Properly1
- Road Departure Mitigation Warning Comes On1
- NHTSA: Electrical System153
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2017 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.