CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

9.3

$1,430

2. replace fuel tank and wiring (1 reports)
2017 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda CR-V:

2017 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Oct 142017

CR-V EX-L

• CVT transmission

After literally having my new car for 4 hours, the emissions light came on. When I took it to the dealer, they couldn’t figure out what was wrong, cleared the error and then asked me to come back after running down the gas tank a bit. When I did return, the light had come back on and they discovered it was rodent damage to the gas tank and wiring. They wanted me to pay for it, which I refused, and the dealered ended up eating the cost since there was no way it could’ve happened so quickly under my ownership. While the dealer handled this ok, Honda needs to figure out why rodents like their cars so much that one so new could be so dangerously damaged.

- Katie R., South Bend, US

Nov 112017

CR-V Touring

My car was brand new, have had it for three months. I got in to start it on 11/11/2017 and it hesitated to start. When it did all the sensors said errors. I took it to the Honda Dealership and dropped it off and they gave me a loaner assuming it was a weak battery. I got a call on Monday, 11/13/2017 from the service department advising me that a rat had chewed through my engine wire harness and it is not covered under my warranty. They advised it will cost 600.00 to get the part and around 600.00 for labor for a total of around 1500.00. They did advise that their tech could Pigtail it and I would only be out labor of 450.00. Why would I want to have something halfway fixed on a brand new car?? Then i started to research and see that this is a known problem and to me should be covered under the warranty instead of Honda making money off of people who spend $500.00 a month on a 35000.00 brand new car and then have to fork out money because of their incompetence. Something really needs to be done about this.

- Genelle R., West Monroe, US

Feb 252017

CR-V EX

• CVT transmission

This showed up within the first 300 miles. We took it to the dealer, they did right by giving me a free rental and finding the issue and taking care of it. They told me they'd do it for free once since the car had so few miles on it.

I drove from the dealer to a farm store and bought rodent deterrent and put it under the hood, got traps and put them in the garage near the car. Within three days the problem has showed up again. I just left a message with the service manager and now I've started reading this is a bigger issue.

Honda even has special rodent-proof tape that you have to buy--that the dealer didn't tell me about.

- Ray B., Bend, OR, US