- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 17 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 29 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 29 days ago
2017 Honda CR-V
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2017 Honda CR-V Suspension Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2017 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.