2020 Honda CR-V electrical problems: won't start

Won't Start

2020 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

6.7

2. replace battery (1 reports)
2020 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Honda CR-V:

2020 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Apr 152020

CR-V Touring

Battery goes down to 6 - 9 volts and can't start the vehicle. Had to call Honda road service 5 times to come jump. When they jump it, it starts right away. Can hardly let the vehicle sit over-night and think it will start the next morning. Honda dealer has been very accommodating and tested the electrical system twice and nothing shows up. Don't know what to do next.

- Dave S., West Chester, US

Aug 232020

CR-V EXL

New CRV bought 7/17. Did not start 8/24. Required Jump Start.

- Crv2020 O., Cary, US

Jul 042020

CR-V Touring

I purchased the car on 7/3/2020 and on 7/4/2020 the car would not start. The day of my purchase the dealership had to jump the car for my test drive but assured me that the battery was dead because it had been sitting on the lot. I requested that the battery be thoroughly checked out prior to my departure and was assured it would be. Well, I called the dealership and the manager (Greg) was upset with me for being annoyed and he and a saleman (not a service person) drove one of their new CRV's to my home (I have pics) and swapped out the battery from the new car to my car. They kept dropping the bolts and I was instructed to go back to the dealership 7/5/2020 for an official fix. In the interm, the navigation/info screen was inoperable and I was not able to use it. After arriving to the dealership on 7/5/2020, the manager took my vehicle and "repaired" it (without a service record) and now it appears that the info system is working.

I was in an compettors vehicle previously and had never experienced anything like this! The manager was so rude and initially told me that he would not be able to replace my battery until 7/6/20 due to the holiday weekend.

Now I hear a clicking sound under the hood and will have to make an appointment to have the car looked at by an technician. I chose Honda in order to have an reliable vehicle but so far my experience is lacking.

- tricie97, Berkeley, US