- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 3 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 3 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 28 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 57 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/FMVSS 201/Occupant Protection
2000 Hyundai Accent
An occupant's head that contacts the A-pillar during a crash could experience an increased risk of a head injury as a result of this condition.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Certain passenger vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impact." During testing, the 3-door hatchback exceeded the performance criterion in the standard midway along the length of the windshield support pillar (A-pillar).
- Dealers will install new energy management brackets to support the A-pillar covers and increase the energy absorbing performance of the A-pillar in the relevant area. Owner notification began October 28, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.