- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 0 days ago
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe 'Hesitation on Acceleration' Lawsuit Survives news | 6 days ago
- July 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 17 days ago
- July 27: South Korea Indicts 3 Hyundai Executives Over Theta II Engines news | 21 days ago
- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 28 days ago
Runs Roughly, Shaking And Vibrating
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 38,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (16 reports)