- November 23: FCA Recalls 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs to Fix Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- November 21: Kayla White Jeep Liberty Lawsuit Will Continue news | 3 days ago
- November 9: Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement Lawsuit Challenged news | 15 days ago
- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 42 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 44 days ago
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- TIPM going bad, engine won't start or hard to start218
- engine won't turn over, won't start22
- alternator blown9
- accessories operate unintentionally3
- lost all power while driving3
- all dash warning lights on1
- power doors unlock themselves1
- power doors unlocking themselves1
- starter failed1
- NHTSA: Electrical System474
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.