- March 12: Kia K5 Recall Issued to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 10 days ago
- March 7: Hyundai and Kia Theft Fix Involves Software Updates news | 15 days ago
- March 1: Genesis Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Announced recalls | 21 days ago
- February 3: Kia Telluride Recall To Repair Faulty Airbag Wire Harnesses recalls | 47 days ago
- January 31: Kia Telluride Headlight Failures Investigated investigations | 50 days ago
2016 Kia Sorento (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Kia dealer.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 82,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 37 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (17 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- new engine (6 reports)
- has not been fix (5 reports)
- rebuild engine (2 reports)
- Class Action Settlement - Rod bearing issue, resulting in engine failure
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
We bought a brand new 2016 KIA Sorento in 2017. It was a new model as the 2017 models were coming to the show room floor. Wife drives long distances for work so she puts miles on cars.
The KIA was great in every way, never a single problem until the Engine failure occurred unexpectedly around 115000 miles. Regular oil changes and services were always applied. I did have to start keeping a check on the oil level as I discovered that the oil levels were a low upon scheduled oil services (which is another known issue with the 4cyl version of the Sorento). The crazy thing is not even a month before the engine failure happened is when we received the KIA Motor Lifetime Warranty extension letter informing us about the possibility of the issue.
About a month after that my wife was driving home from work and called me telling me the car started making a horrible noise then shut off leaving her stranded. I pretty much knew what the problem was since I was aware from the KIA documentation of the engine failure issues. We had the car towed to the dealership where we purchased it new (KIA of Anderson South Carolina) and let the technicians do their inspection.
The KIA warranty did replace our engine at no cost to us and KIA of Anderson was absolutely great about the entire ordeal. Sure, it was a major inconvenience being without our car for a few months, but with a brand-new motor, respectful service reps and KIA stating that the car will have a lifetime engine warranty for the same issue is a good thing. At least KIA stepped up, noted the problem, informed the consumers and willingly repaired or replaced the engines. I've owned other brand vehicles with known problematic issues that the manufacturers have ignored and left us with high repair bills. So, in my opinion, at least KIA did the right thing and stand to make the any issue right with no money from my pocket.
- Josh B., Liberty, US