- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 8 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 26 days ago
- January 23: Ford Recalls 328,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 56 days ago
2016 Lincoln MKZ
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Lincoln MKZ
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Lincoln MKZ by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Lincoln service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Lincoln customer service.
2016 Lincoln MKZ FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE NHTSA Campaign #15V618000
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured September 3, 2015, to September 13, 2015, and 2016 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured September 3, 2015, to September 12, 2015. The affected vehicles have a fuel tank that may have insufficent wall thickness. As a result, the fuel tanks may crack in the event of a crash and thus the vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
Consequence: A fuel tank that cracks may leak fuel, increasing the risk of a fire.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began on October 19, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15C11. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V618000 »