- September 27: Nissan Recalls Kicks and Versa Vehicles For Power Steering Loss recalls | 9 days ago
- September 16: Nissan Recalls Rogue SUVs For Rear Seat Belt Issues recalls | 20 days ago
- September 15: Nissan Recalls Frontiers and Titans For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 21 days ago
- August 28: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 39 days ago
- August 22: Nissan CVT Class Action Lawsuit Says Transmissions Defective news | 45 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
2006 Nissan Altima Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Floor Panels Rusting Out Prematurely26
- Excessive Floorboard Rusting15
- Paint Fading/Clear Coat Coming Off7
- Dirt And Corrosion In Seams On Rear Quarter Panels2
- Water Leaks Into Cabin During Rain2
- Paint Peeling On Top Of Trunk1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body179
- NHTSA: Structure25
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields12
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members6
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.