- August 8: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Nears Final Hearing news | 5 days ago
- July 30: Nissan Infotainment System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 14 days ago
- July 24: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 20 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Frontier and Titan Owners Warned to Use Parking Brakes recalls | 43 days ago
- June 28: Nissan Pathfinder Hood Latch Recall Follows Investigation recalls | 46 days ago
Floor Panels Rusting Out Prematurely
2006 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 26 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- remove and replace (16 reports)
- not sure (10 reports)
body / paint problem