- December 20: Nissan Titan Recall Issued After 'Thermal Incident' recalls | 32 days ago
- December 11: Nissan Sentra Recall Ordered For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 81 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
2006 Nissan Altima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption15
- Cam And Crank Shaft Sensor Failure13
- Head Gaskets Blown11
- Motor Mount Failed6
- Check Engine Lights Come On And Off4
- Cuts Off While Driving4
- Noise From Engine3
- Service Engine Light On2
- Bolts Holding The Engine Were Lose1
- Didn't Start1
- Engine Failure Due To Catalytic Converter Malfunction1
- Idling High1
- Sudden Unintended Acceleration1
- NHTSA: Engine157
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling135
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control35
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.