- November 21: Nissan Titan 5.0 Cummins Engine Reliability Questioned investigations | 13 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 7: Feds Warn: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Decal Blinds Driver news | 27 days ago
- November 4: Nissan Z Cars Recalled Over Hood Issues recalls | 30 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Ariya Recall Involves Nearly 11,000 SUVs recalls | 57 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 82,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new engine (6 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- new enigine (2 reports)
- stop driving the car (2 reports)