CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 Altima, prompting us to give it our "Beware of the Clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about vibration and even transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2014 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

2014 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 212017

Altima SV 2.5L

I was rolling to my business department, while I'm on the highway I start to recognize the engine turn off by itself and the car was about to stop on the traffic. THIS IS SO DANGEROUS, because it was happening in the highway !!! I was about 100 km/h.

I was so terrified for my life, but got the car on the side of the highway, and waited for a tow truck to

pick up this crap. THE CAR IS ONLY 63 000 KM and already gives me this kind a problem.

I will not recommend this car to anybody and hope they fix my problems or buy it back from me.

This doesn't make sense at all !

- nickilo, Montreal, QC, Canada

Nov 012016

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

At least once a week the car has difficulty starting. the engine turns over but car won't start.

after trying a second time I press down on the gas pedal and after a few turn overs it will start.

problem started when it started getting cold in December. when using my remote starter.

began noticing this when using the remote starter,

when I use the remote starter, when I get to my car a few minutes later I noticed the car never started.

- Ross O., Montreal, QC, Canada