- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 16 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 24 days ago
- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 81 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Throttle Control System
2002 Nissan Maxima
This will cause the engine malfunction indicator lamp to come on and the engine speed to be severely limited. If this occurs unexpectedly, it could lead to a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- On certain passenger vehicles equipped with an electronic throttle control system, the stopper for the accelerator pedal will prevent excessive movement of the accelerator position sensor. If the driver applies overly excessive force to the accelerator pedal while at the same time pushing it to the right, the pedal can "over travel" due to the design of the pedal stopper.
- Dealers will install a new accelerator pedal stopper. Owner notification began March 11, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261 or infiniti at 800-662-6200.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.