- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 10 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Throttle Control System
2002 Nissan Maxima
This will cause the engine malfunction indicator lamp to come on and the engine speed to be severely limited. If this occurs unexpectedly, it could lead to a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- On certain passenger vehicles equipped with an electronic throttle control system, the stopper for the accelerator pedal will prevent excessive movement of the accelerator position sensor. If the driver applies overly excessive force to the accelerator pedal while at the same time pushing it to the right, the pedal can "over travel" due to the design of the pedal stopper.
- Dealers will install a new accelerator pedal stopper. Owner notification began March 11, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261 or infiniti at 800-662-6200.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.