- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 2 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 32 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 33 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 46 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Throttle Control System
2002 Nissan Maxima
This will cause the engine malfunction indicator lamp to come on and the engine speed to be severely limited. If this occurs unexpectedly, it could lead to a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- On certain passenger vehicles equipped with an electronic throttle control system, the stopper for the accelerator pedal will prevent excessive movement of the accelerator position sensor. If the driver applies overly excessive force to the accelerator pedal while at the same time pushing it to the right, the pedal can "over travel" due to the design of the pedal stopper.
- Dealers will install a new accelerator pedal stopper. Owner notification began March 11, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261 or infiniti at 800-662-6200.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.