- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 48 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 48 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 58 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 67 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 72 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 19,300 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: