- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 10 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 12 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 24 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 72 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 72 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 27,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: