- January 23: Nissan Xterra Crash: Plaintiff Awarded $36 Million news | 2 days ago
- January 9: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over CVTs news | 16 days ago
- December 25: Nissan Recalls 2022 Frontier Trucks For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 31 days ago
- December 24: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Issued After Engines Stalled recalls | 32 days ago
- December 21: Nissan Altima Headlight Lawsuit Settlement Finalized news | 35 days ago
Nissan Defect Investigation DP12004: Transmission Failures
2009 Nissan Pathfinder
Power Train:Automatic Transmission
Power Train:Automatic Transmission:Control Module (Tcm, Pcm)
Power Train:Automatic Transmission:Cooling Unit And Lines
Power Train:Automatic Transmission:Torque Converter
- On February 29, 2012 the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) received a letter petitioning the agency to conduct "a defect investigation into MY 2005-2010 Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier, and Xterra vehicles [the subject vehicles] for automatic transmission failures related to failed transmission coolers."NHTSA conducted a comprehensive review of data related to this subject. Our report, documenting this review, is available in the document file for this defect petition.It will also be published in the Federal Register. Of the 2,505 referenced complaints, 638 relate to a potential hazard (unable to maintain speed, no motive power, engine stall) and 1,867 concern customer satisfaction issues including, but not limited to, repair cost, vehicle shudder and shake, and engine overheating.Taking into account the allocation of agency resources and priorities and the likelihood that additional investigation would result in a finding that an unreasonable risk to highway safety exists, we conclude that further investigation is not warranted and deny the petition.ODI Complaint ID numbers are referenced on the next page.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.