- July 30: Nissan Infotainment System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 9 days ago
- July 24: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 15 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Frontier and Titan Owners Warned to Use Parking Brakes recalls | 38 days ago
- June 28: Nissan Pathfinder Hood Latch Recall Follows Investigation recalls | 41 days ago
- June 20: Electric Vehicle Emergency Response Guides Improving: NTSB news | 49 days ago
Transmission Slips, Whining Sound When Car Shifts
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2017 Nissan Sentra has an expensive CVT transmission failure defect that shows up plainly in our complaint data.
In late 2019, the CVT defect was subject to a class action settlement. However the settlement only covers transmission repairs up to 7 years after purchase or 84,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
Because many owners commonly drive 20,000 miles/year or more, Sentra owners experiencing CVT transmission problems may find they are not covered by this settlement due to the mileage limitation.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (4 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)