- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 6 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 36 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 44 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
Nissan Recall R1037: Steering Column Lower Shaft
2002 Nissan Xterra
The shaft may break which could result in loss of steering control during these low speed maneuvers increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Column
- Nissan is recalling certain model year 2002-2004 frontier vehicles manufactured from July 9, 2001 through October 20, 2004, and model year 2002-2004, Xterra vehicles manufactured from July 9, 2001, through January 6, 2005. Over time corrosion may form in the lower steering column joint and limit movement of the joint. The limited movement of this joint may create excessive load on the lower steering column shaft. If the vehicle continues to be driven in this condition, it may lead to cracking of the shaft during low speed maneuvers that require large steering inputs.
- The steering column shaft and joint will be replaced with a shaft of a different design. This service will be performed free of charge. The recall began on December 13, 2010. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.