- November 25: Toyota Brake Actuator Recall Needed, Alleges Petition investigations | 7 days ago
- November 2: Toyota Recalls 2.1 Million RAV4 SUVs to Prevent Fires recalls | 30 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Highlander Bumper Recall Affects 800,000 SUVs recalls | 36 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Spiral Cable Recall Expanded recalls | 51 days ago
- October 1: Toyota Airbag Control Unit Settlement Reached news | 62 days ago
Brakes Locked Up
CarComplaints.com Notes: Although the 2003 model year is the "worst" model year for the 4Runner, it's not really bad at all -- mainly it's just that the other 4Runner model years are even better. Howver the 2003 model year has no major problems & no unexpected problems for a 17-year old vehicle. We award the 2003 4Runner our Seal of Awesome, since overall versus other comparable models of the same age, it's very reliable.
Initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)