- October 3: Toyota RAV4 Battery Recall Needed, Alleges Georgia Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
- September 23: Toyota Hybrid Cable Corrosion Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 64 days ago
- September 19: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Size Lawsuit Dismissed news | 68 days ago
- September 9: Toyota Fuel Pump Settlement Reached in Class Action Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
- September 1: Toyota and Lexus Recall Vehicles Over Electronic Parking Brakes recalls | 86 days ago
2006 Toyota 4Runner
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.
Worst 2006 Toyota 4Runner Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems21NHTSA complaints: 144
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 42
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 64
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 67
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 26
- steering problemsNHTSA: 24
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 11
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 8
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota 4Runner Model Years
Curious how the 2006 4Runner compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota 4Runner overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the 4Runner.