- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 45 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 80 days ago
2008 Toyota 4Runner
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.
Worst 2008 Toyota 4Runner Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota 4Runner Model Years
Curious how the 2008 4Runner compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota 4Runner overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the 4Runner.