- July 15: Toyota To Pay $15.8 Million in California Dealership Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- July 14: Toyota Prius c Recall Issued Over DC-DC Converters recalls | 7 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Settlement Approved news | 35 days ago
- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 57 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 68 days ago
2008 Toyota 4Runner
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Although it has a stellar record in terms of vehicle problems, initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.
Worst 2008 Toyota 4Runner Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 14
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota 4Runner Model Years
Curious how the 2008 4Runner compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota 4Runner overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the 4Runner.