- July 15: Toyota To Pay $15.8 Million in California Dealership Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- July 14: Toyota Prius c Recall Issued Over DC-DC Converters recalls | 7 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Settlement Approved news | 35 days ago
- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 57 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 68 days ago
1996 Toyota 4Runner
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1996 Toyota 4Runner Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 38
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 20
- engine problemsNHTSA: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota 4Runner Model Years
Curious how the 1996 4Runner compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota 4Runner overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the 4Runner.