- September 14: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Load Labels recalls | 10 days ago
- September 12: Toyota Tundra Fuel Line Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- September 8: Subaru BRZ and Toyota GR86 Recalled Over Turn Signals recalls | 16 days ago
- September 2: Toyota Yaris Electrical Problems Cause Defect Petition investigations | 22 days ago
- August 10: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Fire Risk recalls | 45 days ago
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: Although the 2003 model year is the "worst" model year for the 4Runner, it's not really bad at all -- mainly it's just that the other 4Runner model years are even better. Howver the 2003 model year has no major problems & no unexpected problems for a 17-year old vehicle. We award the 2003 4Runner our Seal of Awesome, since overall versus other comparable models of the same age, it's very reliable.
Initially the 4th generation (2003 - 2009) 4Runner didn't earn our top "Seal of Awesome" rating because it received poor crash test ratings for rear impacts. However it's proven to have one of the lowest driver death rates out of all vehicles (not just SUVs), so we've bumped it back up to our top award.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 198,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)