- December 26: Toyota Camry HVAC Class Action Lawsuit Certified news | 27 days ago
- December 8: Joyson Airbag Recall Investigation Closed by Government investigations | 45 days ago
- November 24: Toyota Power Steering Recall Includes Sequoia and Tundra recalls | 59 days ago
- November 19: Toyota Recalls 2022 Sienna Minivans With Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 64 days ago
- November 17: Toyota Camry Recalled Over Brake Vacuum Pump Problems recalls | 66 days ago
Toyota Defect Investigation DP18002: Frame Corrosion
2006 Toyota 4Runner
Structure:Frame And Members
- On August 13, 2018, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) received a letter dated August 7, 2018, petitioning the Agency to investigate frame corrosion in model year (MY) 2002 through 2006 Toyota 4Runner vehicles. The Petitioner alleges that while he was traveling on a two-lane highway in his 2005 4Runner "without warning, the steering/suspension system separated from the frame due to excessive frame corrosion, " resulting in difficulty controlling the vehicle. The Petitioner initially reported the failure to NHTSA in a May 26, 2018 complaint (VOQ 11098055). The petition alleges that the incident he experienced resulted from excessive and premature corrosion and cites as evidence: 1) other complaints of "premature and excessive frame corrosion" in 2002 through 2006 4Runner vehicles that he identified in NHTSA's on-line complaint database; and 2) a recent class-action settlement involving "1.5 million Tacoma, Tundra and Sequoia trucks also built on a frame, " which he alleges did not include the 4Runner vehicles "simply because there were insufficient complaints known to the counsel representing the class at the time it was formed."The petition scope includes third (MY 1996-2002) and fourth (MY 2003-2009) generation Toyota 4Runner vehicles. A preliminary analysis of available complaints and field reports by NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) has identified no crashes or injuries related to corroded frame or suspension components in these vehicles.ODI will evaluate the petition for a grant or deny decision.
Click a tab for more information.