- July 15: Toyota To Pay $15.8 Million in California Dealership Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- July 14: Toyota Prius c Recall Issued Over DC-DC Converters recalls | 5 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Settlement Approved news | 33 days ago
- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 55 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 66 days ago
Toyota Recall SET16D: Accessory Exhaust Tip May Contact And Burn People
2015 Toyota 4Runner
Contact with an exhaust tip may result in personal injury.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Exhaust System — Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail Pipe
- Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain model year 2010-2015 Toyota 4Runner vehicles manufactured September 3, 2009, to December 1, 2014. The affected vehicles may be equipped with accessory exhaust tips installed by SET or SET dealers that may contact people and possibly burn them while they are standing behind the vehicle.
- SET will notify owners, and dealers will install a re-designed exhaust tip that is smaller in diameter and is more recessed behind the bumper, free of charge. The recall began September 15, 2016. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. SET's number for this recall is SET16D.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Part 577 Owner Notification Envelope
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.