- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 26 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 35 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 73 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 87 days ago
Toyota Recall G06, GLR: Front Passenger Air Bag May Not Fully Inflate
2016 Toyota 4Runner
The improper inflation of the passenger air bag may increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling one 2016 Toyota 4Runner vehicle manufactured November 1, 2016 and one 2017 Lexus GX460 vehicle manufactured November 16, 2016. The affected vehicles are equipped with Takata PSPI-LD front passenger air bag inflators that may have been manufactured without ignition booster tablets. As a result, in the event of a crash, the air bag may not fully inflate during deployment of the primary stage. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Toyota dealers have replaced the passenger side air bag modules, free of charge. Toyota notified the affected dealers on December 15, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is G06, GLR.
- Documents (6)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- NONCOMPLIANCE INFORMATION REPORT
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 208
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Lexus December 21, 2016 Subject: Safety (Non-Compliance) Recall GLR – Remedy Notice
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TOYOTA December 21, 2016 Subject: Safety (Non-Compliance) Recall G06 – Remedy Notice
Click a tab for more information.