- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 12 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Tundra Halogen Headlights May Catch Fire recalls | 17 days ago
- September 2: Lexus Brake Squeal Lawsuit Dismissed news | 18 days ago
- September 2: Toyota Bluetooth Problems Allegedly Include Voice Echo news | 18 days ago
Toyota TSB #T-SB-0039-16
2017 Toyota 4Runner
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- TSB: A battery in a stored vehicle is subject to conditions that can reduce its performance and life. These conditions include storage period, temperature, parasitic drain, and battery load. Because of these factors, battery inspection and maintenance are required in order to ensure proper operation and optimal battery life. As a matter of policy, Toyota does not provide battery warranty coverage for discharged and/or failed batteries due to lack of maintenance. It is the dealer?s responsibility to maintain the specified State of Charge (SOC) of the vehicle?s battery while in stock and assure proper State of Charge (SOC) at delivery. To eliminate customer service concerns due to an undercharged battery during the first few weeks of ownership, ALL dealers should check battery State of Charge (SOC) and recharge, if necessary, within 48 hours of delivery to customers.
Click a tab for more information.