- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 10 days ago
- February 10: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Not Good Enough, Says Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- February 9: Toyota Recalls Vehicles To Replace Engines recalls | 18 days ago
- February 6: 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Issue Causes Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- January 31: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
2005 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2005 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2005 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2005 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2005 Toyota Camry Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- The Brakes Did Not Stop The Vehicle7
- Abs Lights Comes On Intermittently2
- Brakes Go Out While Driving2
- Brakes Pulsate For A Slow Stop1
- Handbrake Does Not Work1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic42
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock15
- NHTSA: Service Brakes14
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric10
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control5
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control ...3
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Parking Brake: Driveline: Hydraulic1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Antilock1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.