- February 2: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled Over Hybrid System Shutdowns recalls | 2 days ago
- February 1: Toyota Files Motion to Dismiss Adaptive Headlights Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- January 22: Toyota 4Runner Frame Rust Lawsuit Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- December 28: Toyota Prius Bad AC Smell Lawsuit Dismissed news | 38 days ago
- November 27: Toyota Prius Class Action Lawsuit Over Bad Smells Hangs On news | 69 days ago
Fuse Box Caught Fire
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)