- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 2 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 15 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 54 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 61 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 64 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
2.8hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 51,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
exhaust system problem