- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 1 days ago
- February 10: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Not Good Enough, Says Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- February 9: Toyota Recalls Vehicles To Replace Engines recalls | 9 days ago
- February 6: 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Issue Causes Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- January 31: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Gas Tank Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
Defective Exterior Paint
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 21,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- repaint entire car (6 reports)
- clear coat peeling off (1 reports)
body / paint problem