- March 22: Uber Self-Driving Car Crash Lawsuit to be Filed in Arizona news | 2 days ago
- March 7: Kobe Steel Class-Action Lawsuit Includes Toyota news | 17 days ago
- March 7: Toyota Prius Windshield Cracks Cause Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- March 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Equipped With 10-Spoke Wheels recalls | 18 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 27 days ago
2009 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
2009 Toyota Camry Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- brakes squeak4
- rotors warped4
- abs and traction control lights turn on3
- vibration and grinding noise when braking3
- brakes not working properly1
- frequent brake replacement1
- machine both front rotors for liberation1
- struts and rear brakes out1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes41
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic38
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric10
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control8
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Abs Warning ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.