- February 15: Toyota Recalls Camrys Due to Fuel Leaks and Possible Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- February 14: Toyota 'Tire Savings Event' Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- February 5: Toyota Prius IPM Recall Was Useless, Says Plaintiff in Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- January 31: Toyota Recalls 645,000 Vehicles For Airbag Failures recalls | 17 days ago
- January 10: Toyota and Lexus Recall 601,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 38 days ago
2004 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2004 Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 46
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 12
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 6
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.