- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 10 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 49 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 56 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 59 days ago
- July 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Tacoma and 4Runner recalls | 61 days ago
2004 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2004 Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 46
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 12
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 6
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.