- December 6: About 1.4 Million Takata Non-Azide Driver Inflators Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 16 days ago
- November 23: Takata Airbag Settlements Reached in Canada news | 16 days ago
- October 26: Toyota Bluetooth Echo Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- October 20: Toyota Airbag Recall Issued For 928,000 Vehicles recalls | 50 days ago
2009 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2009 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems47NHTSA complaints: 82
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 119
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 25
- cooling system problems3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.