- September 22: Toyota Prius Cars Recalled Because Hybrid Systems May Shut Down recalls | 1 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 2 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 15 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Tundra Halogen Headlights May Catch Fire recalls | 20 days ago
2009 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2009 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems50NHTSA complaints: 83
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 118
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- cooling system problems3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 11
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.