- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 0 days ago
- August 17: Toyota Camry Recall Will Repair Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 11 days ago
- August 1: Weight Labels Cause Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Recall Issued For 7,200 Vehicles recalls | 23 days ago
2009 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2009 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems46NHTSA complaints: 82
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 118
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.