- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 14 days ago
- September 5: Toyota Prius Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 15 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Cleared in Crash of 2005 Tundra news | 17 days ago
- August 31: 2012 Toyota Avalon Recalled For Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 20 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 20 days ago
2009 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2009 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems44NHTSA complaints: 81
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 116
- cooling system problems3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 27
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.