- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 5 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 29 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 33 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 47 days ago
2003 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2003 Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 52
- transmission problems9NHTSA complaints: 48
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 21
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 76
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.