- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 40 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 75 days ago
- April 3: Toyota Recalls 6,000 Vehicles to Replace Vacuum Pumps recalls | 76 days ago
2005 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2005 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 44
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 151
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 14
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.