- January 26: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 1 days ago
- January 24: Toyota Recalls 155,000 Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 21: Toyota Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Recall For 3.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- January 15: Scion FR-S Valve Spring Recall Leads To Lawsuit recalls | 12 days ago
- January 14: Toyota Lexus Fuel Pump Recall Affects 696,000 Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
2005 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2005 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 46
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 156
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 34
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 14
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.