- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 1 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 14 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 53 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 60 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 63 days ago
2005 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2005 Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 42
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 147
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 31
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.