- April 14: Toyota Bluetooth Echo Class Action Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- April 14: Government Investigates Passenger Airbag Recalls investigations | 29 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Venza Airbag Recall Involves 360,000 SUVs recalls | 30 days ago
- March 12: Toyota RAV4 Class Action Lawsuit Filed After Fires news | 62 days ago
- March 1: Toyota RAV4 Fires Originating At 12-Volt Batteries investigations | 73 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 27
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 11
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.