- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 22 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 33 days ago
- May 12: Toyota Camry AC Smell Class Action Lawsuit a Go For California news | 35 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 49 days ago
- April 26: Toyota Yaris Cars Recalled For Airbag Failures recalls | 51 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 10
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.