- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 43 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 16
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.