- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 1 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 14 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 53 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 60 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 63 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.