- March 7: Kobe Steel Class-Action Lawsuit Includes Toyota news | 13 days ago
- March 7: Toyota Prius Windshield Cracks Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- March 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Equipped With 10-Spoke Wheels recalls | 14 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 23 days ago
- February 20: Toyota Recalls Sequoia and Tundra For Seat and Stability Problems recalls | 28 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 16
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.