- January 10: Toyota and Lexus Recall 601,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- December 31: Toyota and Lexus Vehicles Recalled to Replace Load Labels recalls | 17 days ago
- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 34 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 39 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 63 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 9
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.