- October 1: Toyota Airbag Control Unit Settlement Reached news | 1 days ago
- September 14: Toyota Recalls Tundra and Tundra Hybrid Trucks Over Load Labels recalls | 18 days ago
- September 12: Toyota Tundra Fuel Line Recall Leads to Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- September 8: Subaru BRZ and Toyota GR86 Recalled Over Turn Signals recalls | 24 days ago
- September 2: Toyota Yaris Electrical Problems Cause Defect Petition investigations | 30 days ago
2008 Toyota Matrix
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Toyota Matrix is the mechanical twin of the Pontiac Vibe.
Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.
Worst 2008 Toyota Matrix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 29
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 11
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Matrix Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Matrix compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix.