- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 2 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 10 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 15 days ago
Ford Recall : Firestone/Tread Separation
2000 Ford Explorer
If the tread separates from the tire, the driver can lose control of the vehicle, possibly resulting in a crash causing injury or death.
Tires — Tread/Belt
- Tire description: Firestone Wilderness AT, size P235/75R15, produced at the Decatur, Illinois tire plant and all Firestone radial ATX and radial ATX II tires, size P235/75R15. Operation of these tires at low inflation pressures, high speed, and in hot weather, can contribute to separation of the tire tread.
- The replacement/reimbursement program for this campaign expired on August 29, 2001. However, customers should contact Firestone customer service at 1-800-465-1904 for possible assistance.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.