- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 3 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 11 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 16 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 00S17: Ford/Side Air Bags
2000 Ford Explorer
Inadvertent side air bag deployment could cause personal injury to the seat occupant.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Vehicle description: 4-door sport utility vehicles equipped with side air bags. The subject vehicles have a revised level side crash sensor that could deploy the side air bag if the ignition key is in the "run" position and the seatbelt webbing is forcibly extracted from a locked retractor with a jerking motion.
- Dealers will replace the side crash sensors with a revised design that will reduce the likelihood of an unexpected side air bag deployment.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.