- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 8 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 12 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 26 days ago
Ford Recall 00S17: Ford/Side Air Bags
2000 Ford Explorer
Inadvertent side air bag deployment could cause personal injury to the seat occupant.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Vehicle description: 4-door sport utility vehicles equipped with side air bags. The subject vehicles have a revised level side crash sensor that could deploy the side air bag if the ignition key is in the "run" position and the seatbelt webbing is forcibly extracted from a locked retractor with a jerking motion.
- Dealers will replace the side crash sensors with a revised design that will reduce the likelihood of an unexpected side air bag deployment.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.