- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 9 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 19 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 23 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 03S03: Ford/Speed Control Cable
2000 Ford Explorer
The throttle return spring force may not be sufficient to overcome the binding condition when the speed control is disengaged. Braking function would be maintained though stopping distances may be increased.
Vehicle Speed Control — Cables
- On certain sport utility vehicles equipped with speed control and 4.0L SOHC engines, if the strand cover on the speed control cable becomes flared at the end, the speed control cable may bind when the speed control is activated.
- Dealers will inspect the speed control cable and, if necessary, replace it. Owner notification began August 29, 2003. Owners should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.