- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 3 days ago
- November 19: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Settlement news | 11 days ago
- November 15: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- November 14: Ford Driveshaft Recall Affects Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 16 days ago
- November 14: Ford Recalls Edge, Explorer and Taurus Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 03S03: Ford/Speed Control Cable
2000 Ford Explorer
The throttle return spring force may not be sufficient to overcome the binding condition when the speed control is disengaged. Braking function would be maintained though stopping distances may be increased.
Vehicle Speed Control — Cables
- On certain sport utility vehicles equipped with speed control and 4.0L SOHC engines, if the strand cover on the speed control cable becomes flared at the end, the speed control cable may bind when the speed control is activated.
- Dealers will inspect the speed control cable and, if necessary, replace it. Owner notification began August 29, 2003. Owners should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.