- June 14: Ford Super Duty Truck Wheels May Fall Off recalls | 4 days ago
- June 10: Ford Explorer Class Action Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 8 days ago
- June 3: Recall: Ford F-150 Driveshafts May Detach recalls | 15 days ago
- May 31: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Alive on Appeal news | 18 days ago
- May 29: Ford Edge SUVs Recalled For Seat Belt Problems recalls | 20 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
2001 Ford Explorer Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Door Ajar Lights Stay On1
- Driver's Side Door Doesn't Unlock1
- Seat Bolt Frozen1
- Seat Controller Broken1
- Shift Lever Broke Off1
- Side Door Won't Open1
- NHTSA: Seats15
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner6
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.3
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Head Restraint2
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical1
- NHTSA: Seats: Mid/Rear Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.