- May 19: Ford Engine Fires: Park Your Expeditions and Lincoln Aviators Outside recalls | 0 days ago
- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 20 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 22 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 23 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 25 days ago
Ford Preliminary Evaluation PE04045: REAR LIFTGATE GLASS ASSEMBLY
2002 Ford Explorer
REAR LIFTGATE GLASS ASSEMBLY
Structure:Body:Hatchback/Liftgate:Hinge And Attachments
- Complaints report failure of the rear liftgate glass support while the operator is opening or closing the glass.the falling glass can strike the operator or bystander.the injuries reported are bruises to the head, neck or back, cuts to the face, arm or hand.on September 9, 2004, Ford notified the Agency that it will recall approximately 955,732 MY 2002 and 2003 Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles to replace the liftgate glass strut brackets and/or hinges.see NHTSA recall 04V442 for details. This investigation is closed.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.