- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 14 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 15 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 28 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 29 days ago
Water Leaks From Sunroof And Windshield
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2005 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 68,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
windows / windshield problem